Have you failed a job interview?
Send us your job interview questions and get correct answers.
What is a solution in Visual Studio and what file extension does it have?
Experience Level: Junior
- In Visual Studio a solution is a container for one or more related projects.
- When you build a complex application, it can consist of multiple projects. The solution keeps all the projects together.
- The solution is described by a text file that has extension .sln.
- The solution contains various settings that are used by the projects.
- The solution .sln file is a text file that can be opened and modified by Visual Studio. It shouldn't be edited by hand unless you really need to do it.
Related C# job interview questions
What parts does a C# class usually contain?C# Junior
What is a project in Visual Studio and what file extension does it have?C# Junior
What is a difference between .cs file and class?C# Junior
Where does the .NET C# program start its flow when you build and run a console application?C# Junior
What is an object in C#?C# Junior