Have you failed a job interview?
Send us your job interview questions and get correct answers.
What are the major benefits of using Version Control System (VCS)?
Experience Level: Junior
Tags: GitSource control
Thanks to the version control system (VCS), you can:
- collaborate in a team where each member of the team can easily change the source code and share the changes within the team
- see all source code changes that happened over the time
- see who changed what and when
- compare two versions against each other
- get back in time to any version you want
- work on multiple versions of the source code at a time and merge them together later
- run automated actions whenever someone does any change to the code base
Related Git job interview questions
What is a Git repository?GitSource control Junior
What is Git?GitSource control Junior
What is a Version Control System (VCS)?GitSource control Junior